Cord blood and tissue banking can provide baby with 20 years of protection.
You’ve probably heard about cord blood banking, but what about cord tissue banking? What’s the difference? A lot of parents are asking this question and the truth is, banking cord tissue is a relatively new procedure. Research has discovered the potential of cord tissue stem cells, and now you have the opportunity to store them for your child.
Research has discovered the potential of cord tissue stem cells, and now you have the opportunity to store them for your child.
Important Facts About Stem Cell Banking
If you’re considering banking your baby’s stem cells, there are some important facts about cord tissue and cord blood that you’ll want to know:
- Cord tissue is the connective tissue of the umbilical cord, not the umbilical cord blood.
- Cord blood contains hematopoietic stem cells (HSCs) which are used to treat blood-related disorders.
- Cord tissue contains a different type of stem cells than those that are found in the cord blood. These stem cells are mesenchymal stem cells (MSCs) and they are in clinical trials for the treatment of heart disease, type 1 diabetes, lung cancer, Parkinson’s Disease, and injuries to bones and cartilage. In the future, MSCS will treat even more diseases, injuries and disorders.
- Cord tissue banking provides the guarantee that the MSCs will be available if you or your family need them in the future. MSCs from cord tissue are a genetic match to your child!
- Unlike cord blood, stem cells from cord tissue can replicate and grow easily. This means there are no age or size limitations on the patients you treat with them.
- More than 200 medical trials use MSCs.
How much does cord tissue banking cost?
Cord tissue banking is easier than you think. Cord blood and cord tissue banking are expensive. However, you will be surprised to find that our prices at Americord are affordable. Our prices not only include both processing and courier fees, but 20 years of storage. We have payment plans for as low as $139 a month. You can compare different cord blood banking prices now at our pricing calculator.