After you enroll,
The cord blood should be processed within 72 hours of collection, but the sooner it is processed the better.
- We will send you the cord blood collection kit, which is a small box containing of the collection materials and instructions.
- You will bring this kit with you to the hospital, and remind hospital staff and doctor that you are saving your cord blood.
- After the baby is born, the doctor will collect the cord blood and give the box back to you.
- Then you will simply call the phone number on the cord blood collection kit (our main number) to schedule a pickup by our expedited medical courier.
- The courier will confirm the hospital location and pick up the kit from your bedside at the hospital, usually within a couple of hours.
- The cord blood is best kept at room temperature. Refrigeration is not good for the cells (surprisingly). On the outside, the cord blood should be processed within 72 hours of collection, but the sooner it is processed the better. The average shipping times nationwide for our medical courier are about 12 hours according to them, so we will receive the cord blood with plenty of time.
- The kit will then be processed and you will be notified of the collection.
Americord has the best quality and follows all of the best practices for cord blood and cord tissue collection and storage, including a FDA -Registered and AABB-Accredited laboratory that follows all state and federal guidelines and has all applicable licenses. We use the only commercially available FDA approved sterile exterior cord blood bag that is on the market and the fastest medical courier.
Have a kit sent to your home now so you don’t miss this once in a lifetime opportunity to save your child’s stem cells. Remember, there are no fees until after the baby is born.
Check out how our costs compare with CBR or Viacord or the others
Ready to enroll? Just call 866-503-6005 or sign up online.