We know your hospital bag packing list probably already includes your well-thumbed copy of “What to Expect When You’re Expecting,” a tennis ball for the small of your back and your favorite snacks. Check out our list of essentials for packing your hospital bag below.
- Warm Socks and Robe: Having cozy items like a robe and socks will make the cold, hospital environment seem a little more comfortable. Plus, an open-front robe will make breast feeding more convenient.
- Nursing Bra: If you choose to nurse, pack this so you’re ready for that first special moment with your new baby.
- Baby’s First Outfit: Bundle your new baby up in his or her first outfit to travel home. Bring at least two options and keep in mind the weather.
- Heavy Pads and Extra Panties: You’ll be thankful to have these after delivery to keep comfortable and clean.
- Chargers: For communication, camera and music purposes, you may want to bring a phone charger.
- Collection Kit: Like the other things in your bag, the hospital doesn’t provide your Americord Collection Kit. Our kit includes everything you will need to bank your baby’s stem cells. Here is a breakdown of what is included in the collection kit:
Like the other things in your bag, the hospital doesn’t provide your AmericordCollection Kit.
What’s in the kit:
The Americord Collection Kit supplies all you need for a proper cord blood or tissue collection at the time of your delivery. If you’re in a rush for a kit, easily access our emergency collection kit via the rush program. Kits are stored near most hospitals for same-day delivery, which is perfect for clients experiencing an early or unexpected delivery. It offers the same 3-in-1 kit, but on your time and for your needs.